I was going to start this year’s blog with a rant about Donald Trump, but instead of ranting I went out and made my voice heard. This year I joined The Women’s March here in Beaumont. I had a great time with my friends and we met new people in our area who have the same views as we do.
I believe what we are witnessing in 2018 is the year the women get out to run for office while those of us who aren’t running for office, we are making our voices be heard. We are determined that we are not moving backwards. We will keep this country moving forward.
Across social media I keep hearing that women’s right to vote should be taken away and my answer to that is AH, HELL NO! This nasty woman plans on voting in every election possible. I will make sure that everyone around me is registered to vote and if I must drive people to the polls in my little gray car, that is what I plan on doing.
This year I am motivated, and I am going to try to motivate everyone around me. I have become active on twitter and meeting like minded people who keep me motivated to do what is right.
I believe that Dreamers have the right to be in our country. They were brought here by their parents and they had no say in the matter. Think back to when you were a child. Did your parents consult you in their plans? Did you have say if your parents moved you? These kids had no say either. To be in the DACA program you must meet these requirements: (LINK)
- You were under the age of 31 as of June 15, 2012;
- You entered the United States prior to your 16th birthday;
- You have resided in the United States since June 15, 2007 and currently are present in the U.S.;
- You were in the United States on June 15, 2012 and must be physically in the U.S. at the time of filing for your request for deferred action;
- You entered the United States without border inspection before June 15, 2012, or your immigration status expired prior to June 15, 2012;
- You must be currently in school, have graduated, or obtained an equivalent certificate of completion from high school, successfully obtained a general education development (GED) certificate, or must have been honorably discharged from the Armed Forces of the United States; and
- You must not have been convicted of a felony, significant misdemeanor, three or more other misdemeanors, and must not pose a threat to national security or public safety.
How do you feel about men and women who fought for this country and they found themselves deported? I think it’s a shitty thing to do to our veterans. Everyone makes mistakes, but mistakes these veterans made got them tossed out of the country they fought for. This makes me one pissed off woman and I want this changed. I hope that I can help this be changed. Just think about this for a second, these men and women put their life on the line and for that, they get tossed out of the country. Does this seem fair? Donald Trump’s grandfather came to America to avoid having to join the military and was refused repatriation. (LINK) Donald Trump receive five deferments instead of going to Vietnam. My dad had to go, so why didn’t he? In fact, not one of Trump’s kids joined the military. So, why aren’t more people concerned with our vets that are getting kicked out of the only country they know? (LINK)
Today, our government shutdown is over, but the word on the internet is that the Liberals have lost. I don’t agree with that at all. We are trusting Republicans to do what is right by the dreamers. I personally don’t believe they will do what is right.
I am going to end this blog here because I am finding myself becoming angry again. Being angry and not having an outlet now isn’t good for my blood pressure. If anyone reading my blog is upset, I’m sorry, but it is time for me to speak my mind. I have learned if we sit back and do nothing we end up with the country in turmoil, so I am going to do my part to make it through the next three years. I am going to try to be a voice in my neighborhood. I want to promote the people running for office who want to make this world better and not divide us.
Peace, Love and Kitty Snuggles,